Do you know the difference between castable and plastic refractory? This is an important question for whom want to buy these monolithic refractories or unshaped refractory materials for sale in your furnace or kiln project. In order to use these refractories for the right position and make them play their greatest performance in your project, you should understand their composition, properties and applications. Here this article from professional Rongsheng refractory company will help to learn the details. Any questions for more information about the castable and plastic refractory you have, just contact us now.
Composition Difference between Castable and Plastic Refractory
Castable refractory is composed and mixed of refractory aggregates, binding agent and admixture. Similar with castables, plastic refractory is composed of refractory aggregates, powder, binding agent and plasticizer. And also according to the different applications, the plastic refractory can be added with special admixture, such as conservant, sanforizing agent, antifreezing agent and so on.
Properties Difference between Castable and Plastic Refractory
- Castable refractory has high fluidity, stickiness, coagulability and rebound resilience.
- Plastic refractory has good properties of high plasticity, high bonding strength, abrasive resistance and thermal shock resistance.
Castable refractory and plastic refractory both have their special properties and performance. If you want to buy unshaped refractory or monolithic refractory for your furnace or kiln project, these two refractory materials will be your great choice.
Applications Difference between Castable and Plastic Refractory
- Castable refractory has various with different performance and can be used as a kind of cementing materials for the ling in many industries of petroleum, chemical engineering and metallurgy.
- Plastic refractory is mainly used in all kinds of heating furnace in iron industry, such as electric induction furnace and cupola furnace.
Usages Difference between Castable and Plastic Refractory
- Most of Castable refractory are mixed with water and converted into mud that can be constructed by pouring. After casting, the mold can be demolded after a period of curing, and then it can be used for baking after natural curing for an appropriate time.
- Plastic refractory need to combine with the binding agent and some plasticizer through tamping method. There are different types of fireclay plastic refractory, phosphate bonded plastic refractory and aluminum sulfate plastic refractory.
- Castable refractory and plastic refractory can not be put together. Castable refractory contains acid and raw powder. If they are mixed together, the castable refractory can not solidify. After finishing mixing castable refractory, it must be cleaned to mix the plastic.
Difference between Castable and Plastic Refractory in Rongsheng Factory
Rongsheng Company produces and sales all kinds of castable refractory and plastic refractory for sale with high quality to our customers from many countries. Rongsheng Factory has rich experience in providing customers with high quality refractory products and professional technology guidance. If you want to learn more different between castable and plastic refractory for sale, just send us an email for more information.